This is a list for my own sake, just to keep track of media I need to track down when I've got the time. I'll add to them as I come across new titles and such.
- Behind the Curtain, Mark Fahey. When this is released, it will show an immersive North Korean experience, as Fahey surreptitiously recorded life in the DPRK with tech he smuggled in. This document will also stretch the definition of "book."
- North Korea Confidential, Daniel Tudor, James Pearson. Covers the evolution of domestic life in North Korea as it changes with exposure to int'l trade, NGOs, etc.
- A Mark of Red Honor, Jang Yeong-jin. Defector's autobiography of trying to understand his homosexuality within a nation that denies and outlaws it.
- The Lovers and the Despot, about how Kim Jong Il kidnapped South Korean film director Shin Sang-ok and actress Choi Eun-hee to make better films in the DPRK.
And here are some Instagram accounts, related to North Korea, that I've only recently discovered.
- Jaka Parker, an Indonesian living in Pyongyang
- Krahun Co., foreign-owned trade and tourism company in NK
- Wong Maye-E, photographer for AP in Singapore
Lastly, I've added several new AMAs, in light of the upcoming one with Joseph Kim. Please check these out as well.